Boulder HVAC Service Technician Job
Boulder HVAC Service Technician Job
Let’s talk about your job!
Do you have to focus on “selling stuff” to make your wage? Does it feel like your job is all about the numbers? Is Micro-management just part of the culture where you work??
Is that why you became an HVAC technician? Used car salesmen and sports teams use pressure to get results.....in heating and cooling we help people!
If you want to help people again... call Ed Minnick at Meyers Heating and Air Conditioning at (303) 442-6640.
Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning has been helping people and businesses in and around Boulder for over 50 years. And we are looking for that special individual to join our family.
If you want to help people, have the proper time to get the job done with a safe quality focus, and treat others as you want to be treated, then you are the experienced HVAC Service Technician we want on our team in Boulder.
Summary of Position
Perform complete maintenance and repairs on all ages of equipment, with the ability to accurately diagnose heating and air conditioning system issues. You must be able to recognize potential breakdown issues before they happen and make the appropriate recommendations to the customer. Required: Excellent communication skills, basic sheet metal skills, and installation of IAQ products.
Essential Job Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Have EPA Universal Certificate and NATE certification (preferred)
- 4 years + experience in HVAC
- Accurately diagnose heating and air conditioning systems
- Temp Drop & Temp Gain Calculations
- Advanced Diagnostics on Furnaces, Heat Pumps, A/C’s, reading and diagnosing with schematics
- Perform static pressure tests
- Advanced Electrical knowledge
- Maintain truck to be neat and clean on the inside and outside.
- Maintain accurate inventory.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of position.
- Show ability to make timely decisions in the best interest of the customer and company.
- Conduct all work with a Safety First mentality.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use various hand and power tools common to trade
- Ability to follow routine vertical and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and customers
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and implement ideas contained in technical documents, reports, regulations, etc. Ability to assist staff, customers, and all who have inquiries in seeking information. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members. Must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, decimals and fractions.
- Benefits: Competitive wage commensurate with experience, with benefits including paid holidays, vacation, medical insurance, and matching 401k
- Must have own hand tools.
- Work Hours: Full Time, M-F 8am-5pm plus on-call (rotational to include some weekends)
- Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license, well groomed, ability to pass criminal background check and clean driving record
It is the policy of Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in its programs or employment practices.
If you want to help people again send a resume or call Ed Minnick at Meyers Heating and Air Conditioning at (303) 442-6640.