Air Conditioning Installation Lafayette, CO
Lafayette, Colorado is a family-friendly town that has a growing downtown area with restaurants, shops, antique stores, and a great art scene. Lafayette has an extensive history as one of Colorado's original mining towns. One of Boulder's neighboring towns, Lafayette is home to some affluent areas like Indian Peaks and neighborhoods with older homes that have lots of character and charm.
Between houses that are 50+ years old and new homes and developments going up, new air conditioning systems are a necessity for some homeowners. This means that it's essential to have a trusted HVAC team to help present your options and provide high-quality service, which is critical to making your home as comfortable as possible. Let the Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning team ensure that your home's AC offers optimal comfort, runs efficiently, and has minimal environmental impact.
EXPERT AIR CONDITIONING INSTALLATION IN LAFAYETTE, CO
At Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning, our experts have been serving Boulder, CO and surrounding areas since 1963. That's over 55 years of quality service to Colorado residents! Our efficient, reliable, and affordable HVAC services will provide you with a variety of benefits:
- Improved indoor air quality and cleaner air
- A cooler home using the lowest possible amount of energy
- An environmentally sustainable unit
- A longer operating life with special technology that increases efficiency
If you live in an older home or have been using your AC unit for many years, it may be time for a replacement. With summer highs reaching nearly 90 degrees in Lafayette, CO, it's imperative to have a running air conditioning system.
SIGNS THAT YOU MAY NEED A NEW AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
There are some telltale signs to look for to determine if your old air conditioning system needs to be replaced. Generally, the average life of a well-maintained AC is around 15 to 20 years. But your old AC may begin to lose efficiency by the 10-year mark. Your AC can even show signs of failure well before that, whether it's due to lack of maintenance or overuse. Whatever the cause of an improperly functioning AC, repair costs may be so substantial that replacement may give you a better return on investment in the long run. Here are some signs that you need a brand new air conditioning installation:
- Blows Warm Air. Everyone knows that an AC is designed to keep your home cool, so when yours starts blowing warm air, it's a sure sign that something's wrong. There are many things that could cause an AC to blow out warm air including low refrigerant levels or a broken compressor. But it could be something much more complicated to fix. This may be enough to warrant a new installation.
- Decreased Air Flow. You may be getting some cool air flowing through your home, but it feels like more air should be coming out of the vents. The cause may be simple and quite easy to fix. On the other hand, the repair could be quite expensive, especially when you consider the age of your AC and the severity of the problem.
- Makes Loud Noises. Perhaps your AC makes a loud grinding noise. Or maybe it's making a rattling, banging, or squealing sound. Whenever your AC is making unusual noises, it often means there's a more serious issue going on.
- Emanates Bad Odors. It may be obvious, but your AC isn't supposed to smell bad. If it does, it's an indication that you may need a replacement. A pungent odor could be caused by burned out wire insulation. A musty smell could mean that there's mold somewhere in your unit and possibly even the ductwork. If this is the case, contact a professional immediately as mold could pose as a health risk to you and your family.
- Moisture Buildup and Leakage. Some condensation around your AC is normal, but your AC could be building up moisture in excessive amounts. You may also notice large pools of water around your AC unit, which could be a sign of a refrigerant leak. Whatever the case, excess moisture can cause performance issues for your AC and is also a breeding ground for mold growth.
- Higher Energy Bills. An AC that isn't functioning properly takes longer and works harder to cool your home. This means that it will run longer cycles, which can cause higher energy costs.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT AC FOR YOUR HOME
If you've determined that your old AC is experiencing problems or has stopped working altogether, then it's time for replacement. For professional air conditioning installation in Lafayette, CO, you've come to the right place. Our team of licensed and insured professionals will help you choose the right air conditioning system for your home. We use high-quality products from trusted brands including York, Mitsubishi, Honeywell, Guardian Air, BreezeAir, and more.
When choosing your new AC, there are some important factors you should keep in mind:
- Efficiency: An efficient air conditioning system offers the highest performance - adequately cooling your home - at the lowest possible cost. At Meyers, we offer installation on a wide variety of energy efficient AC models. We will help you determine the right system for your home that will minimize energy costs and provide you with a better return on investment. A ductless system is a great option for optimum efficiency.
- Performance: There are a number of factors that will affect the performance of your new AC such as the size of your home, how often you're away, and the cost of the AC unit.
- Maintenance: This is one of the most important aspects of owning an AC system. Lack of maintenance can lead to costly, unnecessary repairs that could have been avoided with regular maintenance.
Why choose Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning over any other HVAC company in Lafayette, CO? Because we are:
- Licensed and insured
- Xcel Energy Trade Partner Contractor
- Factory trained and authorized
- Expert installation, service, and repair
- Locally owned and operated
- A+ with BBB
Do you need a new AC installed? Have any questions about our services? Don't hesitate to contact us today for more information.