Air Conditioning Replacement in Lafayette, CO
Expert Air Conditioning Replacement in Lafayette, CO
A neighboring community to Boulder, Lafayette, CO is an ideal place to own a home and raise a family. It maintains a small-town feel while supporting a thriving downtown with restaurants, shops, antique stores, and a great art scene. The climate is moderate, although it can reach the well into the '90s in the summer. On days like this, your mind will be at ease knowing that you can set your thermostat to "cool" and depend on air conditioning that works! Some of Lafayette's neighborhoods, such as Indian Peaks have sections that are 15 - 20 or more years old. These homes will benefit from inspection for potential air conditioning replacement. Your family's comfort is our priority.
We Are Familiar with Your Home Cooling Needs
At Meyer Heating & Air Conditioning, we are familiar with our local neighborhoods. We have been serving homeowners, providing our professional expertise since 1963. We know that providing a comfortable environment for your family is a priority. Our promise is to give you the best advice when your AC system fails, and sometimes that means air conditioning replacement.
On average, an air conditioning system will last as long as 15 to 20 years, depending on the level of maintenance and repairs it is given. At some point, certain factors will make it impractical to spend money on more repairs. How do you know when it is time for an air conditioning replacement in your home?
Lafayette has an extensive history as one of Colorado's original mining towns. For the times, was technologically advanced, and we have held fast to the tradition of using only the top-rated systems and equipment. Should your AC unit fail to deliver, we will give you our educated opinion on the best course of action to take.
How to Know When to Choose Air Conditioning Replacement
If it comes down to replacing your system, we can advise you on the latest advances in technology for efficiency, effectiveness and environmentally friendliness. When determining the condition of your old AC system, there are certain clues we look for to measure its viability.
The following are indications that it is time for a new unit:
- An air conditioner 12 - 15 years old. While AC's can last up to 20 years with regular care, but you may want to consider a new unit with advanced technology that will outperform your old one. When issues begin to pile up, it makes sense to get rid of the old equipment.
- The AC system is blowing warm air. When your air conditioner starts blowing warm air, it is an obvious sign that it is experiencing serious issues. If your thermostat checks out as operating properly, it means a major component in the system is failing.
- It is breaking down frequently. If you are calling us every month because of a new problem with your cooling system, it may not be worth the repairs. Eventually, the costs will begin to overtake the cost to purchase a new unit.
- Your repair bills are unreasonable. Combined with any of the other points on this list, paying for high repair bills is not a guarantee that you will get a few more months, let alone years out of your air conditioner.
- Your air conditioner is making unusual sounds. Clunking, banging, thumping, grinding and metallic screeching sounds are not normal! AC units are designed to run quietly. Otherwise, weird noises coming from the system when it kicks on means something is cracked, loose or broken.
- You can smell terrible odors. When you turn on the AC on the first hot days, you may detect a musty smell in the air due to the fact your HVAC system has not been in use for a few weeks. But odors that reek of burnt wires, mold and mildew are not normal, and indicate fire and health hazards.
- Moisture is dripping at certain points. Air conditioners are also built to operate without the accumulation of water. If you notice condensation, puddles of water, drips or leaks, your system is failing.
- Your home is cooling unevenly. Your thermostat should be maintaining consistent levels of coolness throughout your home. When you find that some rooms are quite cool but others are uncomfortably warm, the air is not moving efficiently.
- Your AC system used R 22 Freon. Older models used this type of gas as a refrigerant, but it is dangerous for people to be exposed to and it is very harmful to the environment. By 2020 it will be completely phased out and your old unit will no longer be eligible for service.
- Your energy bills are higher than usual. We know that in general energy costs can go up every year, but do you have a sense that yours have made a big jump? How does your electric bill this month compared with the same month a year ago? If it is significantly higher, your AC system may be working harder to cool your home.
Ductless Air Conditioning Systems
Another notable feature of Lafayette, Colorado is its green initiative. Local officials have put policies in place to minimize the town's carbon footprint. As advocates for the environment, we recommend ductless systems when it is time for a new air conditioning installation in your home. They give you absolute control over various zones, saving tremendously on precious energy resources.
Contact the Professionals at Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Lafayette, Colorado AC Needs
We encourage you to contact us at Meyers Heating & Air Conditioning to talk about how to plan for your home cooling needs. Through our quality craftsmanship, ethical adherence to standards, and best practices in the HVAC world we provide excellent results.
- Licensed and insured
- An Xcel Energy Trade Partner Contractor
- Factory trained and authorized technicians
- Experts for installation, service, and repair
- Locally owned and operated
- Rated A+ with BBB
- Upfront with prices with no sales pressure
We have you covered when you are concerned about the comfort of your family, with air conditioning repairs and air conditioning replacement.