When you’re thinking about your heating and specifically your furnace in Broomfield, you need to think about whether there is any carbon monoxide in your home. We know that staying warm can be a full-time job here. We don’t want it to be any harder than it has to be, and we definitely don’t want you to be concerned about your health while you’re doing this.
If you’re ever struggling with your heating and find that you need furnace repair in Broomfield, CO, you can come to our professionals for exactly what you need. We’re going to walk you through everything you need to know about carbon monoxide. Don’t risk any type of emergency in your home.
What You Should Know
Here’s what you should know about potential carbon monoxide poisoning:
How It Happens
Carbon monoxide can begin to leak in your home when a crack develops in your furnace system. Natural gas furnaces are combustion-based systems. One of the gases that are produced throughout this process is carbon monoxide. As long as your heater works correctly, carbon monoxide is never a danger to your home. If your heater is in a state of disrepair though, the furnace will pose a threat to your home.
How To Tell It’s There
The troublesome thing about carbon monoxide is that it’s both colorless and odorless, hence its nickname as “the silent killer.” This means that you’re not going to be able to tell it’s there unless you have a working carbon monoxide detector.
What It Does To You
Carbon monoxide will make you feel sick. If you’re going through carbon monoxide poisoning, you’re going to notice that you might feel dizzy, nauseous, or even feel faint. Don’t let these problems go unnoticed. They have the potential to become deadly if they go on for too long.
How to Protect Your Home and Your Family Members
Are you wondering how you should protect your home from potential carbon monoxide poisoning? Here are a few easy ways you can do this:
Have a Working Carbon Monoxide Detector: Your first line of defense against carbon monoxide poisoning is definitely a carbon monoxide detector. If your unit is hard-wired, make sure you give it a safety test to ensure that it’s working. If your carbon monoxide detector runs on batteries, then make sure you have a fresh pack in your detector.
Upgrade When Necessary: If you’ve had the same carbon monoxide detector for a while, you might want to consider upgrading to a smart carbon monoxide detecting system. These systems are the best of the best. They’re intuitive and they’re going to help you ensure that every single aspect of your home is safe.
Maintain Your Unit: You should definitely maintain your carbon monoxide detector. It’s not something you’re actively using every single day. This means that you won’t know that your carbon monoxide detector isn’t working until you need it most. This puts you and your family in danger. Getting regular maintenance for your heater will help you keep your home much safer and more comfortable.